The Temazcal is an indigenous bath, which recreates the uterus of Mother Earth, with water vapor of aromatic herbs, originated in cultures of Mexico and Central America. The heat increases the functions of each organ and system, particularly the immune system, which explains the wise action of our body to increase the body temperature in the presence of certain diseases or infections.
Upon entering we separate ourselves from the world and give ourselves an opportunity to look inside and find ourselves again.
“According to the Aztec cosmogony, the temazcal is to return to the maternal womb, presided over by extraordinary goddesses such as Tonantzin or Temazcaltoci.” She, a loving mother, concerned about the well-being of the children, receives them again in her womb-a manifestation microcosmic- to cure physical and spiritual diseases.
Some curative properties of temazcal that scientific studies have proven:
- On the skin. It acts as a regulating mechanism of the internal temperature of the organism, allowing the elimination of the accumulated toxins.
- In the respiratory system. Mainly for problems like flu, bronchitis, asthma, sinusitis. When the temperature rises and the steam combines with the aroma of the medicinal plants, there is an uncovering of the respiratory tract.
- In the circulatory system. The temazcal produces an increase in blood circulation, dilating the vessels and facilitating the expulsion of toxins and uric acid and cholesterol.
- In the nervous system. During the bath a relaxing and stimulating effect of the organism is produced, which reduces problems of stress, insomnia, nervous tension, and so on.
- In the digestive system. Improves intestinal activity, eliminating fluids and fats to help lose weight.
- In the muscular apparatus. Improves activity to prevent problems of sprains, bumps, sprains and inflammations. “*
* Source: www.masdemx.com
Agua Blanca’s Temazcal
Duration: aprox. 90 min
Cost: $160.- per person
Contraindications: Pregnant women, people with uncontrolled hypertension, people with migraine, people with arrhythmia or heart disease, people under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
minimum of 10 participants is required to be registered at the reception with a minimum of 4 hours in advance. Normally the temazcal is on Saturdays in Agua Blanca, as long as the necessary group is assembled.